Friday, 7 November 2014

Copy then Emulate 2


I found an image on Pinterest which I liked and then I decided to copy it in ink and edit it on photoshop.
I drew the image out in my sketch book. I pressed heavily so that it was easier to see and be able to paint the ink onto normal paper by tracing.
I used black ink to paint the different colours. I did this by using separate pieces of paper to ink the different colours.
Once they were scanned into Photoshop I did the gradient so they were fully black. I did this because it means i can select it properly so i can change the colour.
When I had done the gradient for all the colour layers, I started changing the colours. I did this by deleting the white background and then selecting the black and filling it with colour. I then moved the layers so they were lined up correctly to create the cat.
For my emulate, I drew the ladybird character out in my book so i had an outline to work from when I used the ink.
I painted the different colours in ink on separate pieces of paper and then I scanned them in. This is the main colour of the ladybird which I did in red.
Once I had scanned them in, I opened them in photoshop and did the threshold and deleted the white background. I did this for the three different colours/parts of the ladybird.
I selected the black and then coloured them to the colours I wanted.
Once I had coloured all the different parts, I put them all on one page. I lined them up and the ladybird was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment